|▪ Houston is the fourth most populous city in the nation. https://www.visithoustontexas.com/|
▪ Founded in 1836, the City of Houston has a 2019 estimated population of 2.32 million, according to the U.S. Census Bureau — www.census.gov.
▪ The Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Consolidated Metropolitan Statistical Area population in 2018 was 7.0 million, the 5th largest among U.S. metropolitan statistical areas. ▪ Houston is 43 feet above sea level.
▪ Houston has a three-airport system. https://www.fly2houston.com/
▪ NASA’s Johnson Space Center, in Houston, is the home of astronaut training and Mission Control.http://www.nasa.gov/centers/johnson/home/index.html
▪ Houston has a Theater District second only to New York City with its concentration of seats in one geographic area. Located downtown, the 17-block Theater District is home to eight performing arts organizations with more than 12,000 seats.https://www.downtownhouston.org/district/theater/
▪ Houston has a unique museum district offering a range of museums, galleries, art and cultural institutions, including the City’s major museums. http://www.menil.org/
▪ More than 90 languages are spoken throughout the Houston area.
▪ Houston is home to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. The largest rodeo in the world.
▪ Houston has among the youngest populations in the nation. The city has the third-largest Hispanic population in the United States.
▪ Houston boasts more than 40 colleges, university and institutions – offering higher education options to suit all interests.
▪ Houston is home to the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world.
▪ Home to and more than 5,000 energy related firms, Houston is considered by many as the Energy Capital of the world.
▪ Houston’s economy has a broad industrial base in the energy, aeronautics, and technology industries: only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters.
▪ The Port of Houston ranks first in the United States in international waterborne tonnage handled and second in total cargo tonnage handled. It is the tenth largest port in the world.